|Faith sharing in a weekly bible sharing||-facilitors’for bible sharing lack adequate preparation or competence on indepth bible-sharing|
|There are many good-willed volunteers||- but lacking training and skills in delivery|
|There are formation centers for BEC people and BEC formation programs||But lacking or no funds to send trainees to these centers|
|Resources available: Documents on PCP-II, CCC,CFC,etc.
Expertise and resources of mandated orgs.
|New Evangelization as integration of faith and life||- but need for competent and trained formators and lacking in implementation|
|People thirst for good homilies||- but not all priests prepare well their best means to evangelize through homilies|
Suggested Implementing Guidelines & Recommendations
Through bring about a new evangelization through BECs , we believe and recommend the ff:
- A systematic formation program (bible training, leadership skils, etc. offered by the different training centers be made available to BEC leaders by:
- funding the expenses incurred by the candidates
- making the program available to more leaders who have the capacity to train others and not only upon the choice of priest
- studying church documents (PCP-II, CCC, CFC, etc.) and many BEC materials
- To tap and coordinate work with varied mandated organizations;
- Link / network with Church Episcopal Commissions focusing on a particular ministry. Ex. ECBA, ECFL, ECCCE, CLP, etc. and their diocesan offices.
- For the priestly training –
- For effective evangelizing, we recommend a more strict selection of candidates to the priesthood.
- That their seminary formation should take care very well the area of proclamation of the Word of God to make it touch people’s lives (biblical-pastoral)
- That they be trained in building and sustaining BECs as agents of renewal in the Church and in society.